Fresh Crush
Fresh Crush
  • Canada

DIY Lampshade Pendant Light

Remember my candlestick lamps, makeover? Well, I got two-projects-in-one with that little garage sale, gem. Now, its the old dusty shades' turn to become something new. A DIY Pendant Light, anyone?
Use the link below to see the full story on freshcrush.com!
diy lampshade pendant light, crafts, dining room ideas, diy, how to, lighting, repurposing upcycling
First, let's take a look at how my $10 score started out, way back when...
And, the lamps turned out great, with a little gold and blue paint:
Now to deal with those dusty shades. This might just be the easiest project ever. I started by ripping off all the fabric, and cleaning them up a little. Then they got a healthy dose of oil-rubbed bronze, spray paint.
Next, I found a pendant lighting kit from Home Depot and taped it up, to prep for a little copper paint upgrade.
Then, I stacked the old shade frames on top of each other to create the shape for my new light.
I found some inexpensive copper wire at Michaels, in the jewelry department, and used it to tie the two shades together.
My lighting kit got a matching coat of copper to finish off the look.
Voil! Perfect match!
I used the nut fastener off my lighting kit to act as the stopper for my new shade on the lighting cord. And, reinforced it with a little hot glue, around the hole in the top of the light shade.
Done. Not including drying time, this was maybe a 20 minute project. The original cost of the lamps was $10 for the pair, the lighting kit was another $12, and I already had the spray paint. So, $22+ bucks for 3 light fixtures? Not too shabby.
Fresh Crush