DIY Lampshade Pendant Light

48K Views
Remember my candlestick lamps, makeover? Well, I got two-projects-in-one with that little garage sale, gem. Now, its the old dusty shades' turn to become something new. A DIY Pendant Light, anyone?
Use the link below to see the full story on freshcrush.com!
  • diy lampshade pendant light, crafts, dining room ideas, diy, how to, lighting, repurposing upcycling
First, let's take a look at how my $10 score started out, way back when...
And, the lamps turned out great, with a little gold and blue paint:
Now to deal with those dusty shades. This might just be the easiest project ever. I started by ripping off all the fabric, and cleaning them up a little. Then they got a healthy dose of oil-rubbed bronze, spray paint.
Next, I found a pendant lighting kit from Home Depot and taped it up, to prep for a little copper paint upgrade.
Then, I stacked the old shade frames on top of each other to create the shape for my new light.
I found some inexpensive copper wire at Michaels, in the jewelry department, and used it to tie the two shades together.
My lighting kit got a matching coat of copper to finish off the look.
Voil! Perfect match!
I used the nut fastener off my lighting kit to act as the stopper for my new shade on the lighting cord. And, reinforced it with a little hot glue, around the hole in the top of the light shade.
Done. Not including drying time, this was maybe a 20 minute project. The original cost of the lamps was $10 for the pair, the lighting kit was another $12, and I already had the spray paint. So, $22+ bucks for 3 light fixtures? Not too shabby.

Suggested materials for this project:

Fresh Crush

Ask a Question