A 1960s Bathroom Gets A Complete Overhaul

My mom lived with a tiny little master bathroom in her 1960s ranch style house for over 40 years before I finally convinced her that she needed a REAL master bathroom. She allowed me to design the entire thing, down to every detail, with two requirements -- she wanted a traditional style bathroom, and she didn't want a bathtub. We had the main wall moved back to double the space of the bathroom.
The fully remodeled bathroom with custom cabinets.
BEFORE:  The bathroom was tiny, with cheap builder-grade everything, and the striped wallpaper certainly wasn't helping matters any.
BEFORE: The bathroom was tiny, with cheap builder-grade everything, and the striped wallpaper certainly wasn't helping matters any.
The walls were coated with a product called Lusterstone which gives a similar look to Venetian plaster, but they're incredibly smooth with just a bit of shine.
BEFORE: The old shower, where the toilet now is.  This isn't an optical illusion.  It really was that tiny and narrow, like showering in a dark, tiny closet.
BEFORE: The old shower, where the toilet now is. This isn't an optical illusion. It really was that tiny and narrow, like showering in a dark, tiny closet.
Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating

• Pat Leibe

Lusterstone can be ordered from Faux Effects in Vero Beach Florida.

• Yvonne Day Aka Miss Ruby

How blessed she is to have a daughter like you to make her this beautiful bathroom! I absolutely LOVE the sink set up! You made it look awesome and gives a lot of storage. I don't get these people who have two pedestal sinks in the master... looks pretty but when you start pulling out our products, where do you put them? You have fixed that problem and made it beautiful!!! Congrats!