A country garden and masonry project in the NY Hudson Valley area.

This small house & garden is located in a rural part of Warwick, New York. This landscape design & architecture project is ever evolving. The Tuscan syle outdoor kitchen & fireplace room was designed to look weathered/aged. I used reclaimed brick, natural stone & classic arches. The countertop is natural polished stone. The driveway design is one of my favorite parts of the project. I created a double border of cobble stone that ties into a cobble stone apron. The remainder of the driveway is gravel. The hardscaping consists of bluestone walkways, stepping stones and patios & are found throughout the grounds. Garden art, urns, birdhouses add some garden whimsy as well as a traditional rose arbor. For the planting design... Hydrangea, Lilac, Boxwood,Viburnum & Roses are used throughout the property. I used a large variety of spring flowering bulbs & perennials all visually tied together & simplified with the use of ground covers. This Orange County, NY garden will continue to evolve and I will be updating this portfolio from time to time.
A Country Garden Detail in a NY Garden. Geraniums, Petunias, Verbena & Lambs Ear in a Hudson Valley country garden project. You can also catch a glimpse of the front flagstone garden path, rustic fence and meadow in the background.
A simple, rustic stepping stone path leading from the upper patio through a shade garden to the front yard. I randomly place weathered boulders into the planting beds. Some of the plant groupings are Liriope, Hosta, Iris, Lamium, Ajuga
This NY front yard step design features radius cut bluestone treads with rock faced edges. The risers are made with a mixture of Bluestone and PA fieldstone. A rock, Plhox and Myrtle detail softens the corner.