DIY Cork Wine Bottle Wall Hanging

Want an easy and beautiful way to use up those wine bottle corks you've accumulated? Inspired by the perfect piece of artwork made of corks on a popular website, putting a wall hanging together was quite easy.
The cork bottle was a stunning image, 20"x44" on wood, and duplicating it was simply done by counting the number of corks in each row, and basically hot gluing each one down in place into the shape of a bottle on black painted canvas.
These are recycled used corks that have different shades, widths and lengths from the moisture of the wine and size of the bottles, so the corks didn't line up perfectly. I did group like corks together. And I put down a piece of painter's tape and drew chalk lines on each side to try to keep the corks straight while gluing.
After gluing, I used red wine to "paint" some of the corks.
I think this grouping is perfect for wine lovers and wine themed spaces.
And it cost next to nothing since I already had everything I needed on hand including the canvas. Can you believe the original piece carries a $179 price tag?

Gail@Purple Hues and Me

• TJ

I've been trying to figure out what to do with my cork collection. I love this and will be attempting it. Great idea - thanks for sharing.

• Mary T

It just goes to show what a ridiculous mark up they have on their products. Yours looks better than theirs. I love it.