Winter Over Fuchsias DIY

Today pick up some diy tips for wintering over your tender fuchsias--it's easy to do, and you'll be glad that you did come next spring's planting season! http://minervasgarden.com/winter-over-fuchsias-diy/

• MinervasGarden

This sounds great! My biggest problem is that I don't have enough bright light for indoor plants during the winter months, so I have to resort to setting up lights and grouping the containers together under them, but so far it's been working well to do this out in our unheated garage. We are in zone 8.

• MinervasGarden

Hi Douglas: Just wanted to say I wintered over the fuschias out in our unheated garage, under a shop light that we turned on in the morning and off at night, and they wintered over fine. When the weather warms up here later this spring, I should be able to use them in my baskets and containers. The key was to water them a little bit so they don't dry out--maybe once every 3-4 weeks, and the light. Don't think they would have survived without that extra light. Hope this is helpful!