DIY Wooden Couch Sleeve

I saw an Etsy listing for these with a hefty price tag, and realized I could make mine for about $5. These are so easy, I'm already making sleeve #2 and have requests from family to make some for them as well :)
wooden couch sleeve
wooden couch sleeve
wooden couch sleeve
wooden couch sleeve
Sarah @ The Ugly Duckling House

• Lulu

Where are the directions on how to make the wooden couch sleeves

• Jeanne Martin

Doesn’t get much simpler than just looking at the picture! Measure the width of your couch arm and decide on the length you want. Buy and then cut your wood to fit (or use scraps you already have). Lowes & Home Depot will even cut it to your measurements for free. I highly recommend you tape it together and try it on the arm before finishing so you can still make final adjustments if necessary. Nail or screw the top to the sides, 2 or 3 nails/screws each side for strength. Then paint or stain and seal (I recommend polyurethane). You could line the inside with felt or fabric if desired.

• Cheryl

Love it! The arms on my couch are frayed and this would cover that up AND be a nice place to put a drink or remote:)
  • Conscientious crafter

Good idea.

I would line the underside to prevent snags or discoloration.

And, for those interested in making these - recycle, reuse or repurpose!