Kimberly
Kimberly
  • Coraopolis, PA

Updating bathroom cabinets

Since I'm staying at home, buying new cabinets and sinks is out of the question. We were dealing with white counter tops, taupe sinks and white tile with grey streaks. Knowing I needed to keep the taupe sinks and tile, I found a dark grey from Behr that complimented the sinks and tile.
This color would be the color of the cabinets and an accent stripe on the wall. I was nervous about painting the cabinets but let me tell you...it was so easy.
I'm itching to redo all of them in the house.
Red Stained Vanity- BEFORE
Red Stained Vanity- BEFORE
Remove all hardware and hinges. New hinges are a small investment but make a huge difference.
Sand down doors and drawers.
Sand down doors and drawers.
Primer and paint.  I did use the combo and it worked so well.  These only needed 2 coats.
Primer and paint. I did use the combo and it worked so well. These only needed 2 coats.
Add hardware and rehang doors.
Add hardware and rehang doors.
Love!
Love!
Kimberly

• Kimberly

I actually used a roller and a brush for the smaller parts. We use the latex paint and took the recommendation of the paint worker on the finish. I think I used about 2-3 coats.

• Gwen Sommerville

I had the same success with my oak cabinets in two bathrooms. I used Behr Marquee paint.

, Bathroom 1 Oak to White, Bathroom 1 Oak to White, Bathroom 1 Oak to White, Bathroom 2 Oak to dark Grey