Wendi @ H2OBungalow
Wendi @ H2OBungalow
  • Saint Petersburg, FL

How To Update Vertical Blinds With Stencils

I hated my old vertical blinds in my front window. They were plain, ugly and made my little living room look dated. On the other side, they were perfect for letting the right amount of light in and providing privacy. What's a girl to do with the functional vs. ugly dilemma?
Like any good DIY'er I found a way to make them look awesome for pennies!
how to update vertical blinds with stencils, home decor, how to, living room ideas, window treatments, windows
They were plain, white and boring before.
I used the large size Morse Code Stencil from Royal Design Studio and two shades of gold stencil creme.
Two colors give plenty of variation. I made some light, some dark and others I varied in color by blending the two paints.
The difference the stenciled blinds made is huge! I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier!
This upgrade was so much less than buying custom window coverings:)
For more details on how to do this project, and the colors I used please visit my blog post. The URL is below.
Wendi @ H2OBungalow

• User

do they work on cloth blinds and metal

• D.c10778862

What can you do with an old mauve colored cloth vertical? Def. Needs to be changed ........news on or sliders with verticals can be costly for as big as my sliders are ..thanks

• Nwg27786297

I had cloth verticals at another house. Sorry no pictures. I bought fabric remnants and used the Heat & Bond Ultra Hold iron-on fabric adhesive. I had a country theme in that house so I made a patchwork design. Looked like a quilt when they were closed. Had to have white on the outside so I just cut up an old white sheet and ironed it on.

• Pat Brickell

what kind of paint to use