How To Update Vertical Blinds With Stencils

367K Views
I hated my old vertical blinds in my front window. They were plain, ugly and made my little living room look dated. On the other side, they were perfect for letting the right amount of light in and providing privacy. What's a girl to do with the functional vs. ugly dilemma?
Like any good DIY'er I found a way to make them look awesome for pennies!
  • how to update vertical blinds with stencils, home decor, how to, living room ideas, window treatments, windows
They were plain, white and boring before.
I used the large size Morse Code Stencil from Royal Design Studio and two shades of gold stencil creme.
Two colors give plenty of variation. I made some light, some dark and others I varied in color by blending the two paints.
The difference the stenciled blinds made is huge! I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier!
This upgrade was so much less than buying custom window coverings:)
For more details on how to do this project, and the colors I used please visit my blog post. The URL is below.

Suggested materials for this project:

Wendi @ H2OBungalow