DIY Transom Window Entryway - Before and After

$150
3 Weeks

Hubby and I decided to make our own entryway where there was none. We only had a photo for how-to and we are so happy how the entryway turned out. We picked up a mini-French door at the ReStore and cut it down to make a transom window at the top. It's a great window that has beveled edges. When the sun shines through it creates a gorgeous effect. Plus, the transom window does not block any light.

This is the final result. We painted the walls Benjamin Moore Palladian Blue that I highly recommend. Palladian Blue is a designer color that works well with white trim as well as wood trim.

This was our inspiration photo. I think we hacked it pretty good.

The following 3 photos are from another blog post, but gives you a look at how we built the wainscoting for the entryway from scratch.

I fell in love with this chair I found at Home Goods. It's small enough to fit anywhere in the room and matches our new Palladian Blue wall color.

I fell in love with the Home Goods chair that is small enough to fit anywhere in the room and matches the new wall color.

We plan to paint the bow window white and get a new door. We thought it would be handy to add an electrical socket to the column. It will be to turn on the chandalier that we are shopping around for now.

Entryway half wall before.

Entryway half wall after.

Click over to my blog post where you'll also find more links to the project. DIY Transom Window Entryway

• Misc
  • Misc

Sue @ Housekaboodle

• Jilli

Around how much did this half wall cost you? I’m looking to add one to our spacious living room to give it a divided room look. We want to put our tv on the half wall.