Vintage Couch Makeover!!

I purchased this old awesome vintage couch for $100 and painted the fabric. I took Annie Sloan Duck Egg originally and diluted it with a equal paint and water mixture. I changed the color after one cushion but kept the 50/50 mixture the same. The key to keeping the fabric from cracking is to keep the fabric moist with every coat of paint. With the original fabric being this dark green it took about 5 coats but so worth it!! After the first 2 or 3 coats I reduced the amount of water but I think partly because I was getting overly anxious to see the end result. Once all the paint was done I took a 400 grit sandpaper and lightly sanded the fabric and sealed with Annie Sloan clear wax.
This was after several coats.
The darker the fabric is the longer it will take to fully cover. This process takes time and letting it dry in between coats is crucial but the end result is awesome!!!
keep the fabric moist by keeping a spray bottle on hand. If the paint does not move easily the water will help.
This gorgeous beast after!

These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!

To see more: http://www.thevintageandvelvet.com/blog

• Sandys SYCmail

I've seen several DIY's with painted furniture - It looks great - but I was wondering, how does it feel when you sit on it? Is it scratchy? Does it crack? Is it stiff, or soft? I just can't imagine the texture. If you've ever gotten pain on your clothes, you can imagine the "feel" I'm thinking of ... so any insight on the texture and what it feels like when you sit on it would be much appreciated - thank you in advance!

• Lezlie

Why are these questions rarely answered. What's the point of asking if there is no official answer?

• Susan QC

OK, I've read through all the questions and nobody has asked this. What the heck color did you end up painting this couch? I like it.

• Joann Glover Peterson

She says but I didn’t understand that Duck Egg was the color until I was looking at the can and saw the color at the bottom. So, Duck Egg is the color.

• Tina

His turned out beautiful!!! Great job!

• Nikki

turned out great looks good
    for a vintage, sofa with a lot character, I would not of used the wooden crates as a table . Cheapens the room - sorry just my opinion

• Susan

Interesting, I was just thinking how good the room looked put together like that. I think the crates look wonderful! Everyone sees things completely differently, I guess!