Marty's Musings
Marty's Musings
  • Greensboro, NC

No mantel to decorate? No problem!

We have neither a fireplace nor a mantel in our home so I'm learning to make do and be creative! This year I used the top of my piano as a starting place and went through all my decorations and started grabbing and placing and redoing. I'm so pleased with the results and it only cost about $3 for some spray paint and $4 for a strand of lights.
Pic of the piano/mantel replacement
Pic of the piano/mantel replacement
Old ornaments put in glassware with spray painted pinecones in the greenery. Easy!
$.10 wooden word spray painted
$.10 wooden word spray painted
Candles from fall decor with a new ribbon added
Lights and greenery accentuate the nativity
Marty's Musings

• Sarah

Beautiful , I have candle holders like that on my mantle in brown now that I see yours I think I will paint them white. I never used them much in decor because I have everything in white, never even thought about painting. Thanks for the idea. You did a beautiful job!

• Susan Rawlings

I know the holidays are a long way off, but I love this! Thanks for sharing.