Keurig Cup Carousel Repurposed. Art Supplies Storage.

I found this Keurig Carousel at the thrift for a few bucks and knew I could figure out how to use it for something else. I desperately needed a way to keep all my acrylic paint organized and yet have them displayed so I could still see the colors easy enough. After a few adaptations this Keurig carousel was perfect!
Step 1: Spray paint Keurig Caruosel. I went with a Rustoleum metallic gold
Step 2: The acrylic paint did not work “as is” unfortunately I had to make the middle size “thicker” in order for the acrylic pain containers to actually stay. So I troublshooted several different ways to make this work and this was my solution. I found a thick piece of paper, almost like a cardboard texture, and fed it through, circled it around the middle pole until it was the thickness I needed to fill the gap in order for the acrylic pain containers to stay.
Step 3: Tape the paper after you found the desired width needed
Step 4: To insure the paper around the middle pole stayed in place I simply, stuffed it with paper towels, so it would not move around and stayed firm.
Step 5: Make a nice circle for the top of the carousel, so it looks prettier. I just used leftover paper, cut the circle width I need, and cut a small slit to slide it on. I did not tape mine, but you could if you wanted to.
Boom. Done. Organized.Happy Repurposing!
Cassie Kent

Questions on this post

Your question...
  2 questions

Comments

2 of 86 comments
Next