Barb Rosen
Barb Rosen
  • Wilmington, DE

Holiday Amaryllis & Paperwhite Bulb Planter

$14

The wonderful holiday plantings I loved at Terrain were $125, so I set out to make my own for less than $20. Using an amaryllis I already had, another I bought at a discount store for $4.00, plus eight paperwhite bulbs at $1.00 each, moss from the yard and a zinc planter that cost $2.00 at a yard sale ~ my total came to just $14.00. I topped it with some dried red maple leaves and the moss so it is colorful as the plants grow.
* Plus, I'll have the amaryllis for years to come and more holiday planters!
The finished zinc planter with dried moss and red leaf accents for color until the blooms arrive!
Here's all you need ~ a container, moss (fresh & dried), amaryllis and paperwhite bulbs and potting soil.
Place the amaryllis bulbs in first, then nestle paperwhites around them. Push them firmly into the soil and water.
Put potting soil up to the top of the paperwhites and water again. Now you are ready to dress it up with moss. I used dried and fresh mosses and some red maple leaves to provide color.
Barb Rosen