Oh My! Creative
Oh My! Creative
  • Gibsonia, PA

Winter Ice Lanterns

Create beautiful Ice Lanterns using plastic soda bottles, boxwood and cranberries! Perfect glow on a chilly winter night!
Ice Lantern
Ice Lantern
winter ice lanterns, crafts
Cut greens from the yard (I used Boxwood) and cranberries to fill the sides. Cranberries float, so place some in the bottom first and then add green on top. Add a few additional cranberries on the sides. When you fill the container with water the cranberries will rise to the top.
Plastic soda bottles used as forms
Plastic soda bottles used as forms
I was pleased how the ice lanterns turned out. I also made smaller ones to line the walk as guest approached the door! For these, I use cottage cheese containers and small disposable food storage containers. These were so much easier to separate as the cottage cheese containers had a smaller bottom and the ice slid right out.
Mid summer photo! Visit my blog for additional information and instructions! More details on my blog. Link below!
Oh My! Creative

• Erica

How did you put the lights inside? Was it a candle and didn’t they melt the ice? Also did you use these inside anywhere?