Leslie D
Leslie D
  • Las Vegas, NV

Simple, Clean, Contemporary Mantle

simple clean contemporary mantle, seasonal holiday decor
Added a stocking for our doggie!
Added a stocking for our doggie!

• Leslie D

Believe it or not, we just got the fixture hung and now there is a problem with the transformer. Steve dislocated his shoulder over a year ago and is just getting to where he can work over his head on something heavy now, and the fixture is 19' in the air over a stairway, so it's very difficult to access. We are trying to find a repair part and praying we can get it working! I'm still around, but have taken on 2 new motel management chains as clients and have 8 remodels going at any given time, and am so busy, I just don't have much free time. Nice to hear from you!

• Z

@Leslie D poor Steve! I'm glad he's on the mend, but that's a long time to heal. I know how that goes all to well from a neck/shoulder muscle injury. I'm glad you popped in to say hi though, especially with how busy you must be. I hope to see you stop in more if things slow down a bit.

• Leslie D

Thank you, @Jean Adams . My husband built the mantle out of 3/4" MDF, with the interior reinforced with fiberglass for fire proofing and strength. I did the finish with layers of very slight color variations of tinted white Venetian Plaster, and painted the veining with a feather to make it look like Carerra Marble. This is the original post with details http://www.hometalk.com/194232/faux-marble-family-room-fireplace-re-do .