Cable Strap Hack Storage Solution

$3

Cable Strap Storage Solution
It's more that just a cable strap, it's a great shape to hook into! All that's left is to identify the "hidden potential" space your can use this little helper!
I was sure to pre plan the size of the cable strap I would need for the hangers I wanted to use for my identified "hidden potential" storage space.
Here's my 'hidden potential' space!
...ooooh the find! The way my closet rod was mounted I have up to 6" inches of room behind my hanging clothes.
I covered the cable straps I used with duck tape...thought I had white duck tape laying around but this polka dot worked! I just like the idea of the clamps having a plastic like coating.
Just screw right through the "duck taped-up" holes. You should be mounting into a secure surface. In this case my upper shelf is mounted on wooden cleats which provided a good sturdy mounting board. If the space you're looking at does not have this feature in place, you can first mount a horizontal length of 1x2 at the correct height into your wall studs. Once your 'mounting board' is in place, you're ready to mount your cable straps onto that.
A great space for my scarf storage...when I move my clothes aside, they're all right in front of me. Formerly I had to try to swing the scarf hanger out to see what I had.
and purse hangers, I prefer the way they lay flat against the wall now. These purse hangers were purchased at Home Sense-a housewares store, from the organization department.
Purse Hangers from Home Sense
all of that storage neatly hidden behind hanging clothes!
for many more great idea's visit http://larsend6.wix.com/fabandpretty#!home-decor-blog-diy/c1unp

32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
Fab and Pretty

• Angel
    Angel

Wish I had room to pull my clothes back - it's full.
    I use Perfect Curve Bag Organizers for the back of my door.

• Genie Medlin
    Genie Medlin

I'd like to know where to get the bracket that holds the rod up? It looks very sturdy
  • Christine Hadley
    Christine Hadley

If you still have room, you could also hang your jeans back there as well. Could I ask where you found those hangers that your jeans are on??
    • Linda Sikut
      Linda Sikut

I have those hangers too and use them for all of my pants and capris (or whatever they are calling them this year. LOL ) Seriously though, these are really great hangers. They not only hang more pants in the same space, but you can organize them - jeans - work pants - around the house pants - dress pants - capris, etc. I also love her idea of using the cable straps to eke out more room!

• Ilene
    Ilene

My closet is packed to overflowing, yet my friends call me the "Organization Queen" so it works. I have been doing something like this but I have been strong arming the hanger over a rung on the shelf. This is soooo much better! I am going to use your idea to hang my winter puffy coats. The items in front will stick out a bit, but what the heck? Every inch of space is valuable! Thank you.

• Tonya
    Tonya

Yasssss! This is gonna bring down my stress level A lot!!!

I love this idea! tfs.... Just what I need!!! Be Blessed😘