Cable Strap Hack Storage Solution

$3

Cable Strap Storage Solution
It's more that just a cable strap, it's a great shape to hook into! All that's left is to identify the "hidden potential" space your can use this little helper!
I was sure to pre plan the size of the cable strap I would need for the hangers I wanted to use for my identified "hidden potential" storage space.
Here's my 'hidden potential' space!
...ooooh the find! The way my closet rod was mounted I have up to 6" inches of room behind my hanging clothes.
I covered the cable straps I used with duck tape...thought I had white duck tape laying around but this polka dot worked! I just like the idea of the clamps having a plastic like coating.
Just screw right through the "duck taped-up" holes. You should be mounting into a secure surface. In this case my upper shelf is mounted on wooden cleats which provided a good sturdy mounting board. If the space you're looking at does not have this feature in place, you can first mount a horizontal length of 1x2 at the correct height into your wall studs. Once your 'mounting board' is in place, you're ready to mount your cable straps onto that.
A great space for my scarf storage...when I move my clothes aside, they're all right in front of me. Formerly I had to try to swing the scarf hanger out to see what I had.
and purse hangers, I prefer the way they lay flat against the wall now. These purse hangers were purchased at Home Sense-a housewares store, from the organization department.
Purse Hangers from Home Sense
all of that storage neatly hidden behind hanging clothes!
for many more great idea's visit http://larsend6.wix.com/fabandpretty#!home-decor-blog-diy/c1unp

Fab and Pretty

• Angel

Wish I had room to pull my clothes back - it's full.
    I use Perfect Curve Bag Organizers for the back of my door.

• Genie Medlin

I'd like to know where to get the bracket that holds the rod up? It looks very sturdy
  • Christine Hadley

If you still have room, you could also hang your jeans back there as well. Could I ask where you found those hangers that your jeans are on??
    • Linda Sikut

I have those hangers too and use them for all of my pants and capris (or whatever they are calling them this year. LOL ) Seriously though, these are really great hangers. They not only hang more pants in the same space, but you can organize them - jeans - work pants - around the house pants - dress pants - capris, etc. I also love her idea of using the cable straps to eke out more room!

• Deb

My Mama is in Assisted Living, she's 94 and loves scarfs. I was trying to figure out a way to hang her scarves where she could have easy access to them. I came up with a round curtain rod and hung it on the wall next to her dresser, then just draped her scarves on it. I was able to hang at least 30 + scarves on it and had room for about about 25 more..she loves it.

• Melody Stern

Great idea!! My mind is whirling with ideas to use those cable straps in my closet now!!...Thank you so much for sharing!......