Biddle Bits
Biddle Bits
  • Cary, NC

How to upcycle a cabinet door into rustic holiday decor!

My sweet hubby went to the local Habitat for Humanity ReStore earlier this year, and brought home a trunk-load of various sized cabinet doors for $1-$2 each. I can't remember how we originally intended to use them (not as cabinet doors...), but as I was looking through our stash of wood scraps, an idea hit me. I could use one as a "large wood scrap" for a holiday sign I'd been wanting to make.

Click on the tutorial to learn how!
The finished product
The finished product
how to upcycle a cabinet door into rustic holiday decor, doors, repurposing upcycling
Biddle Bits

• Jill Clontz

How did you make your letters? Did you cut out or do by hand? I need help with making gifts and having something as a guide to help make nice looking letters without my own handwriting.

• Biddle Bits

Jill, I printed them out on paper and then cut out the letter, leaving a paper stencil. I laid the paper stencil down onto the cabinet and outlined the letters in pencil. Once I removed the paper stencil, the letters were outlined on the cabinet door. I used that outline to "freehand" the paint onto the door!