Laminate Flooring Wall.

A long term client of mine recently went through an extensive remodel. One of the walls in the dining area had been set up with dozens of small framed mirrors. This was his girlfriends idea (part her and part their designer) Well, after a separation and her moving out my client wanted something a bit more masculine. The same designer suggested installing laminate flooring on the wall...rather than go through the time and expense of doing some extensive drywall repairs.
The designer began the install and not being a pro carpenter or having much experience with flooring installs the wall project came out looking a but under par compared to the awesome stuff he has done in the rest of the home.
The designers install was not fully "clicked" together and he also face nailed the flooring. The results looked, crappy. finish nail holes ever 16" or so and unsightly gaps.
The original plan was to do two walls with this flooring but only one was completed, with the extra material I was able to complete a "proper" install.
Tight joints, clean cuts and NO NAILS.
After the mirrors and poorly installed flooring was removed.
Look ma...no gaps
Just need to paint the trim stick on the left side
KMS Woodworks

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 6 questions

Comments

2 of 40 comments
Next