Old Magazines turned into Christmas Trees using simple Origami

Don't know what to do with your old magazines? This is a simple, quick project (about an hour total), to turn a magazine into a Christmas Tree. See photos for the tutorial. This would be a great project for the kids because it's so easy!
Start with an old magazine. Use one that has good, thick sheets, not the really thin page ones. Choose different sizes. Wine Spectator is good for a big tree, or cut down if you need a smaller size. 200 pgs seems to be a good size.
This is what you will end up with, with your own spin of colors, decoration, etc, or just leave plain.
To start, tear off the cover, and discard, unless it's the same paper weight as the pages. Start with the 1st page, and fold down the upper corner into a triangle.
Fold the triangle you made with the first fold again. Fold against the binding as tightly as possible to assure a uniform look with all pages.
Take the "tail" that is hanging longer than the magazine, and fold it under, tucking it in between the folds you have made.
Do this for about 30-45 minutes, and you end up with a magazine tree.
Spray paint to the color desired. I use a silver chrome spray on mine.
I wanted some teal to go in my living room, so I used a cake decorating stencil and stenciled on some stars, using acrylic paint. You can decorate any way you see fit, hot gluing ornaments, garland, etc., or just leave plain!

Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!

• Shirley Kalinosky

Some of the catalogs I receive would be great for this project. I used to have a Mr and Mrs Santa made from old larger Readers' Digest mags. This is great! thank you for the reminder!

• Denisenewby

We used Reader's digest and folding to make Santa and Mrs. Clause! Different fold, add craft doll's head, cotton and accessories after painting red! Have been waiting for granddaughter to get old enough to help... "everything old is new again!" Thanks for the memories!