Christmas Village Display Cabinet

$20

We found this huge china cabinet at an auction a few years ago for $20. Nobody else wanted it because it was so big. I gave it a complete makeover and now it houses our Christmas Village year round.

Christmas Village Display Cabinet
Christmas Village Display Cabinet
Christmas Village Display Cabinet
Christmas Village Display Cabinet
Christmas Village Display Cabinet
Christmas Village Display Cabinet
Christmas Village Display Cabinet
Christmas Village Display Cabinet
Christmas Village Display Cabinet
Christmas Village Display Cabinet

• Paint  (home improvement store)
  • Christmas Village  (already had)
Tuula @ Color Me Thrifty

• Jsh21883146

How do you get power to the village with out drilling holes?
  • Jsh21883146

How do you get power to the village without drilling holes?

• Missy Daale Van Egdom

Just wondering.... how do you hide your cords? I have tried everything and I refuse to drill holes in the back of my cabinet just for this! (I have them in my kitchen and swap out seasonal/collections throughout the year. LOVE YOURS!!

• Tuula @ Color Me Thrifty

Thanks Missy! I don't really blame you for not wanting to drill holes through the back of your cabinet but that's exactly what we did. We have a surge protector outlet thingy screwed onto the right side of the cabinet in the corner where it's not seen, and all the cords from the village plug into there. We were ok with drilling holes because of how inexpensive the cabinet was, and also because we bought it just for our village collection. We didn't want to have to take it down every year and then put it back up again. It became a permanent display. I hope that helps!

• Becky (J) P

I need to find a longer power strip with a longer cord. Mine looks like poo this year. Normally all my plugs hang down behind the tv stand, but this year it is on a china cabinet, so all the cords are hanging off the side.

• Denise King

Beautiful! Love that you keep your treasures up year round, I do that with my nut crackers also but they are not as grand a display as yours. Also love the deal you got on the cabinet!!!

• Tuula @ Color Me Thrifty

@Denise King Thanks Denise! The cabinet was the steal of the decade for sure. Too big for anyone else to want it. I love nutcrackers too, but I only have a few. There's no reason why we can't display the things that give us joy all year round.