Thrifted Wool Yarn Felted Dryer Balls

$2

Store-bought dryer sheets are terrible for the environment, so I decided to make some DIY wool dryer balls instead! Click HERE for my full tutorial and tips/tricks!
I lucked out and found some 100% wool yarn at the thrift store- but any wool yarn will do (like, from the craft store) as long as it's pure wool!
To start a Dryer Ball, wrap the yarn around your fingers a few times- then, slip it off and keep winding into a ball shape. I made mine about the size of a tennis ball, or a little smaller.
When you're done, use an embroidery needle to tuck the tail into the ball until it disappears. Now, do this again and again until you have 4 or 5 balls!
Tuck each ball into some stockings/nylons, knotting the nylon in between each ball. Now you're ready to begin the felting process, which takes place in your washer/dryer! Click HERE to get all the details!
And then they're done!!! Wonderfully felted and ready to keep in your dryer all the time. No muss, no fuss, and no more spending money on dryer sheets!
Sadie Seasongoods

• Petra

Can you reuse these wool yarn over and over?

• Judy

Can you use other wool colors?

• Maryvh

I think they usually are whitish do color doesn’t transfer to clothing.

• Debbie

doesn't the wool come out in your clothes .

• Cwc25217142

I have been using wool dryer balls for several years and haven't noticed any wool lint on any clothes, not even on black pants.

• User

It doesn't really work, though.

• Cwc25217142

I have several in my dryer and have found that they help with wrinkling a lot. I have never used dryer sheets as I am allergic to the scent, and that may be why I like the wool balls so much. The balls may not work as well as a dryer sheet, but work much better than nothing.

• Cwc25217142

This is a really good idea, but I am wondering that if you make the balls with purchased wool yarn how the cost would compare to purchasing wool balls. Purchasing the balls could be cheaper.