Tonya Miller Dean
Tonya Miller Dean
  • Kailua Kona, HI

1964 Birch Coffee Table

My guy got this for me at an estate sale. It really wasn't in bad condition considering how old it is, but I just couldn't live with the color of the wood. I love the legs. I used my faithful mahogany gel stain for the table top and homemade chalk paint for the legs. I think they really pop now. Sample color of Valspar + 1/2 to 1 Tb unsanded grout = homemade chalk paint. I'm having a tough time finding a
Birch coffee table before
Birch coffee table before
Legs are a little worn, but not bad
Legs are a little worn, but not bad
After. I thinks it's beautiful. Wish I had room for it!
New legs!
New legs!
Table top after.
Table top after.

• Jennifer G

You did a wonderful job and I love the darker color stain! I used one of these loooong coffee tables on a movie set once, but we cut it in half, added new legs to the cut ends and used them on either side of a couch with lamps and brick-brack on them. The new flat side fit flush against the wall with a lovely half oval shape towards the room. They turned out so awesome that the producer took them home for his house after the filming was done :)

• Jeanette S

Great job! Love the combination of the paint and natural wood!