Growing and Caring For Air Plants - Tillandsias

I thought I'd seen it all when it came to plants until a few weeks ago! I was visiting a greenhouse that a friend had told me about when I found these amazing plants called Air Plants or Tillandsia. I was so enamoured with them that I grilled the florist for about 30 minutes. I left with a different plant that day, but couldn't get them out of my mind and ended up going back to get my own this week! I can't wait to tell you all about them!
Air plants don't have roots like typical plants and they aren't succulents...they literally live in the air.
They love to be planted in glass orbs, and can be tucked in with pieces of wood and moss.
They need to soak in water every 2-3 weeks, and they love to be spritzed with water every 4-5 days.
They love light, but can burn and dry out in too much direct light.
There are tons of varieties and they are so easy to grow and care for! For more detailed information on these amazing plants, visit the link below!
Mom4Real

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question

Comments

2 of 20 comments
Next