Stencilled Curtains From Drop Cloths

$80-100

Have you noticed the trend of making curtains from painter's drop cloths? What a genius idea! I didn't come up with it, but I'll happily share my version with you!
For our master bedroom remodel, I searched for a window treatment that would amplify my theme of casual elegance. They also had to be within our budget, as we are doing a new bed, paint and bedding!
And, while I CAN sew, I preferred not to for this project... so drop cloth curtains seemed the ideal solution! We have 9' ceilings, so I went with 2 - 6'x9' cloths. The drop cloths themselves were about $10 each. Add to that the cost of the stencil, paint and supplies and it will still cost less than $100 for both panels!
I chose an all-over damask stencil for my pattern, in a lovely charcoal gray. Here's where I found the stencil: https://royaldesignstudio.refersion.com/l/810.59056
For details on how I prepped the drop cloths be sure to visit the link below.
After prepping, I was ready for the stenciling stage...
Sooo happy with our stenciled drop cloth curtains! For a step-by-step tutorial and how the finished curtains turned out, be sure to visit the link below.
http://sondralynathome.com/stencil-drop-cloth-curtains/

Sondra Lyn at Home

• Dff11150295

Could fabric paint be used with comparable results?
  • Kristin

I can't get through to your site. So what's the big secret on prepping the drop cloths?
  • Donna Buchanan

I went to your link and read the step by step. My question is what do you mean by "heat set"? You stated that once the stenciled fabric was "heat set" they could be washed with no problem to design. Thanks

• NonaC

Obviously, the drop cloths you bought were the actual size stated on the package. Made some panels for my sister and the panels came out of the package 12 full inches short.!

• These are so gorgeous!! Was it hard to do all the stenciling? Seems like it could take awhile. However, the result is so gorgeous that I really can't wait to try it myself :) Thanks for sharing!