Jessica A
Jessica A
  • Kingston, PA
Asked on Dec 8, 2012

french Toile paper ????

TammyNancy WhalenLaurel Smith
+6

I am totally in love with French Toile and want to decoupage a few things. I can't seem to find paper to do it. Fabric and wall paper were easy to find. But I am having trouble finding scrapbook paper, tissue paper, wrapping paper, etc. Any ideas??? I was hoping to find it locally, so I would have to wait on shipping.
  • 3po3

I just did a quick search and found some on ebay. I know that doesn't really help with the local thing, but it's an option.

• B. Enne

Years ago, I decoupaged my cottage kitchen cupboard panels, with a fruit pattern from a table runner I loved. I photocopied it and was able to make some parts bigger and some smaller. If you don't have a ton to do and have access to a colour copier (or a flatbed scanner I suppose), you could copy a wall paper or fabric scrap. It was cost effective almost 20 years ago...I don't know now. I suppose it is still cheaper than some fabrics. If you like black and white toile you could just do it on a regular copier or printer... BTW, I could swear I saw toile tissue paper at the Dollar Tree here in Canada about a month ago, with wedding type papers and bags.

• Maureen C

I went on Etsy and Amazon and they both had it.Amazon has paper napkins also and napkins are great for decoupage.They had a lot of different designs and colors.

• Carol

Go to www.stucco.com or photo copy a piece of fabric and use that. If you photograph it first, you might be able to change the color also.

• Laurel Smith

My mom used to use paper napkins. She usually found them in decorating & boutique stores in the fancy towns around our house.

• Nancy Whalen

I have it on my walls and some extra left over in the basement. I should drag it out and use it. I love toile as well. You are right. Other than wallpaper I have not seen it around on too many other paper items. I am sure you can find it though.

• Tammy

Hobby Lobby, Joann's and Michael's all carry something toile in their scrapbook paper section. HL has the best selection, I think :)