Dual-Sided Valentine's Day Door Hanger

$15.00

I am obsessed with wreaths, chevrons, spray paint, and vinyl, so I thought I'd combine them all into this dual-sided Valentine's Day door hanger! Yep, it's one door hanger with two designs: one more formal, classic, and personalized with our family's initial; the other, more playful, colorful, and generic. I couldn't choose which one I liked more, and since my door hanger has two sides, I decided to just go
dual sided valentine s day door hanger, crafts, doors, how to, seasonal holiday decor, valentines day ideas
I first spray painted both sides of the heart cutout with some white paint.
Next, I used some Shape Tape to help get perfect and even chevrons....it's such a simple and easy way to get perfect chevrons every time!
One of the sides was then blasted with some red spray paint. Once the paint was dried, I removed the chevron tape from this side.
To help protect the red and white side while I painted the opposite side, I covered it up with some Glad Press'n Seal and gave the opposite side a coat of pale pink spray paint....
....then added some chevron Shape Tape to that side once the paint was dry. Then some darker pink spray paint was added.
The last step was adding some vinyl decals that I cut out with my Silhouette Cameo! For the red and white side (which is more formal), I chose to add a simple monogram of our last initial in black....
....and for the playful side, I added some classic Beatles' lyrics. I just love how the mint heart POPS off the pink chevrons!
You can check out my blog for full details as well as a supply list! http://www.wherethesmileshavebeen.com/dual-sided-valentines-day-door-hanger/

Where The Smiles Have Been

1 comment