Basement Bathroom Spruce Up

$175
We spruced up our dark and scary basement bathroom and now it's not too bad...I'm calling it "Cinder Block Chic" ;-)
Here's the deal with the bathroom; it's unfinished, with exposed pipes, a cement floor and a toilet located about three inches away from an internal cinder block wall. The location of the toilet means we can't drywall or tile the bathroom without bumping the wall out, which would block another doorway. So, our options for the bathroom were, a) rip everything out, move walls, plumbing, and spend several thousand dollars or b) paint the whole thing, replace some hardware and call it good. Yeah. We chose option B and it was the best money we've spent in a really long time.
I painted the walls with leftover paint and the floor using Valspar porch and floor paint. Then my husband helped me put in a new faucet and toilet seat and hang a large mirror we found at an estate sale. We also added a shelf over the toilet, a few accessories and a bright red step stool for our son to use.
It's not Elle Decor, but it's clean and bright and I'm kinda proud of it. For more info and a budget break down (we spent less than $200 ), pop over to my blog!
Urban Acreage

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 7 comments
Next