French Country A-frame Cottage

I talked my Mom into letting me take pictures of her amazing house to show off on my blog. This is the house I grew up in (my Dad and grandfather built it themselves!), and my mother does an amazing job decorating it. It's been fun to see how it's evolved over the years. Update: People keep asking me where the next part of the tour is, so I thought I should probably let everyone know that there's a post up about the upstairs now: http://www.hometalk.com/7685930/french-country-a-frame-cottage-tour-part-2-bedrooms
Here it is from the outside (back in the summer, clearly...nice to look at all the pretty landscaping and remember that spring is coming again soon!)
When you walk in, you're in the big living room/dining room combo. She put in vinyl "wood" flooring awhile back to replace the old tile.....it looks great and is super practical since she fosters dogs and always has a pack of them around.
I've always loved this big stone fireplace. I remember looking for shapes in the rocks when I was a kid....as if they were clouds :).
The kitchen was completely redone not long ago.....it used to have a U-shaped counter arrangement (and very old cabinets!)....the new configuration feels much more open.
There's a den beyond the kitchen. It used to be a bedroom, but they opened it up a few years ago to make this space. Beyond that is the screened in porch, that I hope to get pictures of sometime soon!
More photos and details on my blog: http://boxycolonial.com/special-guest-house-moms-plus-least-comprehensive-haven-recap-youll-ever-read/

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Gretchen

• Kayte

Just beautiful! What a wonderful house to grow up in! I love the color on the living room wall... sort of a mushroom color? I just wondered if your mom knows the brand and name of it. I'd like to put it on my list of colors to consider for my bedroom! Thanks!

• Kayte

Thanks Gretchen! Tell her the house is lovely! She did a wonderful job. :)

• Diane Deluca

Where can I get the wood dog sign I just love it

• Lori Welbaum Coody

So warm and cozy, beautiful

• Tonna

Beautiful! How wonderful to have grown up in such a home! All the history and memories...such a sweet blessing! Thank you for sharing...😊 Tonna Chavez Ott