Deanna Whitten
Deanna Whitten
  • Brooksville, FL

Aquaponics

Are you putting your property to work for you? Make the best of it by growing your own food and being self sufficient.. Theres nothing better then going out in your own garden and picking your own food..
aquaponics, gardening
Deanna Whitten

• Diana

I just got an 18x30 weatherport greenhouse and would love to do aquaponics as well as regular stuff.. I'm in Gainesville so were kinda close; what info sources would u recommend to get me started in Aquaponics? The web isn't great so far!

• Ralph Whitten

I could never grow anything till I did this..no rooting bugs..things grow faster (or seem to). The problem with a large tank like this is that it will take a while to "cycle" ie.. ammonia - 0 ppm - nitrites 0 ppm - nitrates 30ppm. Seems the plants will do better when I get those parameters. It is something that will "grow" on you.. lol

• Kev28534325

Looks like you have it right already. I am working on a computer management system using an Arduino. My last two systems I had no end of problems with the siphon so I have a toilet flush valve operated by a stepper motor. It is far more reliable and can be adjusted easily. It is extremely accurate. Very interest to see more pics and hear your experience with your garden. Looks great now!

• Sherrie S

That is so very interesting I do hope you post more pics.