K & D's Designs
K & D's Designs
  • Jacksonville, FL

Outdoor Grill and Bar Hut

We started this project out as a medium sized bar top area we wanted for our patio.. And soon grew to a large roof toped hut! We love it, all our summer gatherings by the pool are so much more relaxed! Hope you like it. (I had this on an older account.. Ive added this post with few new pictures to show updates!)
outdoor grill and bar hut, diy, how to, outdoor furniture, outdoor living, tiling, woodworking projects
I started with some pieces of old kitchen cabinet that I found... painted and weatherproofed them, inside and out..
then the Hubby framed up the top for me with 2x4's and plywood sheet, all pressure treated to better last in the outdoor weather
Then I began tiling away! lucky for me, the previous home owner had left behind these tiles, so I had fun putting together a puzzle until I found the perfect bar top design!
I added the boat rope and seashells to fill in the empty spaces and give it the florida beachy feel!
all the pieces are ready to be assembled!
this is our back"yard" not such an attractive place to spend time.. I've put alot of work into the landscaping over the year since I purchased this home, but we still didn't seem to spend much time on this patio...
but now this is going to be our most favorite place of this house...piece by piece the bar hut began to come together!
amidst the rain of this day, the gentlemen preceded with the roof building, and soon we saw our hut taking shape and looking great!
Finally after the roof building in the rain... our Tiki hut has been finished, and no longer do we avoid this large concrete patio, but we love spending most our summer days in this spot!

1 comment