2ms2
2ms2

How to Care for a Christmas Cactus

A few tips for caring for a Christmas Cactus:
1. Water, but don't overwater. Only water when the soil is dry to the touch. Then water until the water starts draining through the holes in the bottom of the pot. Remove the water that accumulates in the dish below the pot, as Christmas cacti do not like to sit in water.
2. Keep the plant in a temperate area, away from drafts or heat sources.
3. Give your plant its beauty sleep! Before the Christmas cactus blooms, it needs 14 hours of darkness per day.
how to care for a christmas cactus, christmas decorations, gardening, seasonal holiday decor

To see more: http://www.networx.com/article/10-facts-about-christmas-cacti

• Joan

I have had two Christmas cacti. The same thing has happened to both. As soon as I get them home they start to drop their blooms and buds. They are located about 6 feet from a southern facing window and get a few hours of direct sunlight in the AM. Room temp is 74F. Any ideas on why this is happening?

• Joan

• Kme235727

A lovely friend of mine had a plant she inherited from her aunt..... It was positively HUGE... and talk (home !! haha) about spectacular when it bloomed.... I think the pot it was in was more than 18 " across....

• Hattie16

Thanks so very much! I bought a yellow and another fuschia one and I hope to keep these. They are beautiful in the picture they sent me! I gave one of each to my only living sister as well. I'll do as you suggested and I do have them out in the sunshine now on the front steps. I just hope I have fed them Miracle Grow enough! I posted my fuschia one on the 4 season porch last year on Facebook. Gorgeous!!! Thanks again... & a