Sherry Thornburg
Sherry Thornburg
  • Humble, TX

I used Granite

$20000

We've been renovating a mid 70s kitchen for a month now. Red granite counter tops to go with maple cabinets. the floor is vynal sheeting. Have had too many kitchen floods to go with anything that wasn't waterproof, but didn't want tile as thats hard on the feet over time. Wonderful stuff with the texture of real wood. The kitchen used to be divided down the center between breakfast room and kitchen with a
red granite for the countertops
red granite for the countertops
oh yeah, got to move the pot rack.
oh yeah, got to move the pot rack.
Updating this post. The tile work is done and the range hood has been put in.  pot rack moved too.
Updating this post. The tile work is done and the range hood has been put in. pot rack moved too.
Small shelf for oils and a pretty mural.  Fussest part of the build as it required the wall to be extended out a bit.
Small shelf for oils and a pretty mural. Fussest part of the build as it required the wall to be extended out a bit.
I did the farm style facet set with a double sink and pretty hanging spot light.

• Janet Smith

Some of the new sheet vinyl has very realistic wood or tile patterns and is very durable. I recently saw the wood plank look in the new emergency room of a large hospital. You know it's durable if it's holding up to hospital traffic. Your kitchen looks lovely. I really like the granite you have chosen.

• Jeanne

I love the color of your cabinets. What is it called ? Can you text it to me ? 845 304 8959. Thanks. I would love to use that color. My fave.