Painting Countertops

I wanted to cover my dated ugly green counter tops, I first used Rustoleum counter top paint. Highly dissatisfied with the results, I could never recommend the product. It was thick, hard to roll, bubbled and there was no way you could go over or touch up an area. Plus the paint is toxic smelling! Absolutely horrid! I ended up redoing the tops with home made chalk paint and clear sealer. Blog shows more details and you will find the first link as well as the redo on the right side bar in top 10 posts.
finished. chalk paint with clear sealant, much much better!
painting countertops, chalk paint, countertops, painting
I first used Rustoleum counter paint, the results were disastrous, with chipping, bubbles and over all poor finish
bubbles that occurred with Rustoleum countertop paint
many flaws appeared and any retouch or area where you went back over the paint, even while wet made a terrible finish.
oh! that green had to go!
oh! that green had to go!
Shannon O- Junkflirt

• Ann

Has anyone used Gini countertop refinishing

• Gail Suter

I have the laminate over pressboard. I could easily peel it off, as I've had to glue spots here and there. How to prepare and paint just the pressboard countertop??