Make A Christmas Tree Crate (Hide that Ugly Stand)

For years I have hated the green and red plastic monster under the Christmas tree. I have tried to hide it, ignore it, come to terms with it...but nothing works.BUT not this year. In about 2 hours total, I whipped up a simple rustic crate (about a 26" x 26" square) to house the tree...best yet I do not have to look at the ugly stand but get the peace of mind of knowing that plastic monster is protect my hardwood floors from water damage etc.
I only needed 5 pieces of 1x4x10 pine cut into the right dimensions (6 - 26", 9 - 25") about 2 dozen +/- wood screws, some wood stain and paint to create this Christmas Tree crate that look as though it could have fallen off Santa's sled.
Ebony Varathane Stain and a simple white stencil.
This stain went on so smoothly and dried super quick. I only needed 1 coat to get the look I wanted.
Fitting my box all together - I did not do a solid bottom.
The tree fit perfectly and now we are ready to decorate!
I am thrilled with how quickly this porject came together and how it pulls the look of the tree together and makes it seem so complete.
Holly Lefevre

• Jean Myles

Neat idea Ty for sharing Merry Christmas

• Emmawilliams1

I always wrap the bottom of the tree and stand with an old white sheet before laying the tree skirt.. Trust me, it works, even in my finest homes. try to keep my life simple. Aside from that, when all the gifts are under the tree, who sees the stand? HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
    • Holly Lefevre

Glad that works for you! There are so many ways to decorate a tree. I do not put gifts out until right before Christmas, so we like a decorative stand.