Burlap & Lace Luminaries

I've always loved the combination of rustic burlap and delicate lace. They compliment each other so well, and have inspired so many craft and home decor ideas. So, using these materials as my inspiration, I've created some some fun luminaries.
Here are the completed luminaries. Wouldn't they be fun as a housewarming or hostess gift? Or even as centrepieces for a rustic barn wedding?
I started out with som simple burlap ribbon, lace I picked up for $0.99 for 5 meters on clearance, 2 mason jars, a pickle jar (yep, I shopped my recycling bin for this one), some plain white pillar candles, and some logs (Ignore the logs though. I ended up scrapping the idea of using them).
This process was really simple. I just cut the burlap ribbon to size, and taped it. You could also use a glue gun or double sided tape too.
Then, I did the same thing with the lace, and for some of them, I used a smaller burlap ribbon scrap to wrap over top of the lace. Some were then secured with twine, and others were left plain. Here they are all finished.
I used the same process with pillar candles. I had originally intended to place these on top of the logs, but it didn't end up looking very good.
For the luminaries, I just added a simple tea light. I recommend using a bbq lighter for these.
That's it for my rustic and elegant luminaries (and candles). Check out my blog to see more pics.

Sue Purdy

• Kathy Isaac

I just meant those who don't like it shouldn't say something hurtful.

• Mary

@Kathy Isaac i agree Kathy. Some people are so rude.

• April Pelfrey

I happened to have liked the idea of the scrap wood pieces..I wrapped even smaller ones different heights and lengths depending on the size of jar or vase- with burlap around' the containers/also, with a clean enough cut one can use glue to adhere to the bottom or ( grip putty) to the inside of them as well to be able to adhere the smaller flameless craft candles then wrap the jar after to hide all or part of the wood inside'...You had a great idea after all...I truly enjoy this site!!!