Fence Picket Wall

$50

I've wanted to do this project for a very long time now and for Valentine's Day this year, this was my present from my Honey! He's the bestest! Visit our blog for complete step by step details.
fence picket wall, bathroom ideas, how to, repurposing upcycling, wall decor, woodworking projects
We finished this section of our master bathroom in just a few short hours. We are going to do another larger wall over the tub soon. Click right here for that project.
First we measured our area then gathered some choice fence pickets from our stack of recycled pickets out back. We've used from our stack several times before.
One more look at the before and after shots. Its amazing what a little FREE wood can do to such a small space!
My honey would measure and mark the wall of the size of each picket and I would write his measurements down on a note pad, then we would go out and cut 4 to 5 rows then come back and glue/brad each one to the wall.
We got to this point and realized the picket would not fit behind the toilet tank. My honey tried moving the entire toilet forward, but we did not have enough wiggle room to make it work. The lid protruding out that was the problem. Visit our blog for how we fixed this problem.
Of course we have more work to do, but for now this little space in our bathroom really makes me smile!
We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
DeeDee

• Carol

I love wall paper but Im having a hard time find someone that sells it. I like vintage victorian. Do you have any information on who sells it. Thankyou

• Cheryl

I had to go to paint stores to find what I wanted.....places that sell paint.

• Johnny Genna

Did you/he sand it at all? If not,did they pretty much come out flat/flush with each other? I’m concerned about a “wave” effect with the boards not being flat? (If that makes any sense)?

• DeeDee

Hi Johnny! No, no sanding at all. Prior to starting we picked out all of the straight boards that were not bowed so that wouldn't happen. :)

• Rebecca Helms

do you think it would work in my sons room! to cover up a few holes?