Fence Picket Wall

$50

ETA: I've received LOTS of concern about how sanitary this application would be behind a toilet. Its not for everyone. Its just the two of us in our home and neither one of us is a messy bathroom goer, so we have zero problems with it. I just use my vacuum hose to "dust" it occasionally. :)

ETA: This application IS NOT for high humidity spaces. I recommend using a wood look tile for those areas.

I've wanted to do this project for a very long time now and for Valentine's Day this year, this was my present from my Honey! He's the bestest! Visit our blog for complete step by step details.

We finished this section of our master bathroom in just a few short hours. We are going to do another larger wall over the tub soon. Click right here for that project.

First we measured our area then gathered some choice fence pickets from our stack of recycled pickets out back. We've used from our stack several times before.

One more look at the before and after shots. Its amazing what a little FREE wood can do to such a small space!

My honey would measure and mark the wall of the size of each picket and I would write his measurements down on a note pad, then we would go out and cut 4 to 5 rows then come back and glue/brad each one to the wall.

We got to this point and realized the picket would not fit behind the toilet tank. My honey tried moving the entire toilet forward, but we did not have enough wiggle room to make it work. The lid protruding out that was the problem. Visit our blog for how we fixed this problem.

Of course we have more work to do, but for now this little space in our bathroom really makes me smile!

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
DeeDee

• Merle

Very pretty in the toilet, but do you think wood is a good idea in the actual bathroom - won't it warp from the steam?

• DeeDee

Hi Merle! Please be sure to read the article and you’ll see why we did what we did! :)

• JoAnn

Not a question, AMAZING!

• Lorraine

I love, 💚 what the wood did to the look of the space! Great job! Way to think outside of the box!👍Thanks for sharing your teamwork!

• Jane Grice

Gorgeous! If I ever become a homeowner instead of renter I'd love to copy this.

• DeeDee

Hi Jane! Thanks so much and hopefully someday soon for you! :)

• I love it an this Would be perfect for my half bath think I'm gonna try it thanks for sharing

• DeeDee
      Just now

Hi Cindy! Thanks so much and good luck with your project! :)