How to Steam Clean the Microwave

In my quest to help eliminate harmful chemicals throughout my house, I was able to eliminate another cleaner by creating my own version of steam cleaning the microwave. I love this easy project because it literally takes less than 2 minutes. It's a perfect project to quickly clean things up and another project.
how to steam clean the microwave, appliances, cleaning tips, how to
The only things you will need for this project is water, a dish, a sponge, and lemon essential oil.
Once you start using this method for cleaning you won't ever go back.
If you are looking for a new chemical free way of cleaning up grease and grime from the microwave, head over to PinkWhen for the complete tutorial for this 2 minute cleaning wonder.
Jennifer West

3 questions on this project

• David Moss
    Oct 02, 2017

I'm definitely looking forward to trying out this method. Essential oils are amazing for many things. I've been using water and vinegar for microwaves suggested by my sister's friend who owns a house cleaning company. But I'm always exploring! Thanks for sharing the knowledge:D

• Kathy A
    Oct 20, 2017

I put water in a dessert dish, add a few drops of Dawn, nuke for 2 minutes, let it sit a bit and wipe crud off the walls and ceiling. Then I use the hot soapy water to wash the glass turntable. It is slick. Lemony soap is great for removing odors like fish.