Mouse Trap Photo Holder

I was trying to come up with some sort of “art” to put above our piano and I decided to make some photo holders, that way we can switch things up as we please.
I started with 2 mouse traps purchased from the dollar store (in a pack of 4) and a 1″ x 12″ x 96″ board we bought at the local hardware store. We had a store employee cut our board for us so that we didn’t have to worry about it later.
Using a sander, I smoothed the edges of the two boards. I also employed my hubby to trim and sand a little off of each end of the mouse traps to make them a bit smaller and better fit the boards.
Next, I painted the boards white and the mousetraps oil rubbed bronze, added one saw tooth hanger to the back of both boards, and glued the mouse traps onto each.
After adding a couple of silhouettes of my kids, it was time to hang them up.
Aren’t these fun? Our piano-scaping (yes, I just made that up) still has a little tweaking to be done, like adding some new lamps and maybe a plant and different tchotchkes to liven things up. But I’m really enjoying how this space is starting to look!
Find out more about this project (and others) on our blog: http://elizabethjoandesigns.com

15 Perfectly Round Tables
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
Elizabeth Joan Designs