Easy Peasy DIY How To: Fix a Too Cold Anti-Scald Bath Fixture

$0

Shower or bath not getting hot enough? Your hot water tank is fine, so what's the problem? An anti-scald bath fixture may be raining coldly on your parade!
easy peasy diy how to fix a too cold anti scald bath fixture, bathroom ideas, home maintenance repairs, how to, plumbing
Anti-scald bath fixtures are meant to keep us safe from too hot water. But what if the setting isn't quite right? Have no fear -- this easy fix will have you basking in hot water glory in less than three minutes! Do note, if you have children or sensitive folk living with you, adjusting it may not be the safest nor right thing to do.
First, find out the brand of your bath fixture by examining the faucet.
After researching it online, find out how to take it apart and adjust the gasket. This Pfister has a set screw under the handle; remove it and the handle. Be sure to close your bath drain first though!
Next, remove the larger metal ring. Come read all about this fun adventure, how I figured this out and saved big bucks over on my blog, Flipping the Flip at humboldtartdept.blogspot.com!
Note what the gasket is set at first -- here it was on B. Usually these gaskets are black, not white, fyi.
A is the hottest and C is the coldest in this instance so slide the gasket back on according to how hot or cold you want the water to be.
I set mine on A to boil up my guests. Nah, just kidding. Reassemble everything then run your faucet to make sure you've got the setting right. Super easy peasy, right?! Click the blog link below to read all about this and other fun stories!
Becky at Flipping the Flip

• Myc1335555

you can also just take out the limiter

• Man22800443

I SO do not have this problem. I have the opposite. All hot no cold??
    Hot water tank is fine though the whole house but in the bathroom tub (not bathroom sink) all I get is hot water?? Is this a bigger problem like for a plumber......ouch?

Thank you,
    Diane

• Gosh, I'd be happy to trade! If it's that localized, maybe try the tip in reverse? You could also try replacing the whole handle set up. If that doesn't work, then a calling a plumber would certainly help. Hope you get it worked out!