Master Bedroom Mini Makeover & How I Added the Illusion of Light!

Welcome to our master bedroom! Up until recently, it was still builder beige and aside from getting a new comforter, there has been little to no effort made to cozify (that's a word right!?) our space. It's really been a pieced together, hodge podge of miscellaneous stuff taken from other areas of the house. Sure, I had thoughts of painting and decorating, but it just wasn't a priority. The room was simply a place to sleep. I really wanted a pretty space to relax in, so this year when we were doing our budget, we decided that our room would be one of the first spaces to tackle.
Not an ugly room, but definitely booooooring.
We used Sherwin Williams Cashmere Matte in Watery (one of my favorites paints ever!) for the base and Glimmer for the stripes. Originally I had the thought of doing horizontal stripes, but since that look has become quite popular I kinda wanted something different.  Vertical it was! I measured the wall from one end to the other, decided on the width of the center stripe and taped it off.  Make sure you use a level so you're lines are nice and straight.  After I got the center taped off, I hit the perimeter of interior that was going to be painted in the lighter color, with the base coat color.  I promise you, it's the only way to paint stripes.  If there are any bleeds, they'll be in the base color, not the stripe color.  I got the bed pushed back into place and did the stripes behind the mirrors the next day.
Our bedroom tends to be quite dark, so to combat that issue, I added large mirrors behind the night stands in order to give the illusion of more light. Would you believe that these were only $50 each from HomeGoods!? We measured and hung them, got the large canvas picture hung, assembled the bed and called this project done! I'm so in love with the space, but love even more that this space was made over for just arpund $300! It's feminine, but also has some great more masculine elements and is perfect for me and my love. I'd love to hear your thoughts! xo

Simple Southern Charm

• Cheri L Benjamin Greiff

Love this! Where did you get the mirrors?

• Carole Bisby

Oh my gosh love the mirrors. I guess I will have to take a trip to Home goods this week I am definitely doing this. I have a large wall where our bed is and this would really break up boring wall. Thanks for sharing.

• Chris aka monkey

went to your blog and the diy button is the same as the home staging button no projects. is this on purpose or wn error? thanks xx

• Simple Southern Charm

It’s a hot dang mess at the moment. The new theme was just installed recently and needs updating. I’m on it. xo

• Patti Rueth

did you stripe only the focal wall behind the bed? Or did you do all the walls ?

• Hilliriah Jacobs

Looks great

• Crystal Amber

Love it!! When you described how you felt before doing your room, that’s exactly how I feel now.....but thanks for the inspiration!!!! I’m going to get my project going and get this room done!!!