Cow Kitchen Tablet Stand

This January we had JUST moved into our new place, but we had a ton of projects. Our goal for January was to actually do all our projects for zero dollars, and with the exception of one $18 purchase for the garage (for a different project) we did achieve that!
We cook lots in our kitchen, and we use our iPad mini to look up our Pinterest recipes. Admittedly I sometimes have to look up recipes on my very own blog too when I can't remember exactly what goes in something. Since our home has a sort of modern farmhouse feel, I wanted to make a cow tablet holder, and this little dude was born :)
I started with some cow outlines from Google on my larger iPad and a blank piece of wood from our garage scrap pile. I free handed a cow form onto it, holding the iPad mini on the wood to ensure there'd be enough space for him to rest on.
There's what I ended up with by drawing freehand. I'm sure there's an awesome way to transfer a printed outline onto wood, but I just didn't do that here. Next step was to cut out the cow using a jigsaw. This was where my husband came into play because I don't have the skills for that ha! Although to be sure he wasn't uber happy with me when he saw the detail in this durn thing :)
The trickiest piece was cutting out the small hole between the cow's back leg and tail. We first used a drill to drill a small hole in the largest part of our cutout, then went back through with the jigsaw to clean it up!
Voila!
Using another scrap piece of wood we added a small ledge wide enough to comfortably house our iPad.
We also added a long stick on the back to hold up this whole project. A few coats of paint and we were done! I think we'll do a pig next :)

Way of the Glue Gun

• Ally

How is this standing up? I see the piece on back, what else?
  • Penny-Marie

Does the board on the back have an angle on the end that sits on the counter so it doesn't slide closed when the iPad is used?