Quick Wreath With Denim Flowers

This was a quick way to add a little more blue to our decor. I love blue and denim is the perfect shades of blue. We have plenty of old jeans around here for projects just like this.
I made this wreath with just old jeans, chevron printed burlap roll and a styrofoam wreath form and hot glue to hold it all together. So to start just wrap the burlap around and around the wreath form until its covered. You want to over lap for the best coverage. Once wrapped secure the end with hot glue at the back of the wreath. Now for the denim flowers
I made 2 flowers the same and the 3rd I'll explain later. For the circular type flower you'll need 4 circles. I traced the bottom of a cup for my circles, they are about 2 inches each. Then you'll need a smaller circle for the base.
Fold all 4 circles in fourths. Glue them onto the base piece so that the points are in the middle and the folds are going the same direction around. You may need add some glue inside the folds to keep them from popping open.
For the other flower cut a strip of denim, mine was 3x8 inches. Fold in half and secure just the open edge with glue to hold shut. Then fringe or slit by cutting at the fold, trying to evenly space each cut. Then roll the fringed denim gluing at the base as you go. Fluff and you're done.
Decide where you want your denim flowers on your wreath and add with hot glue.
And your done! Like I said I love blue and we have shades of blue around our home, this wreath is hanging out in our family room for now.

Tracy Snyder