Ashley Griffith
Ashley Griffith
  • Lakewood, WI

Easy Reusable Disinfecting Wipes

If you're still using the Clorox Wipes in your household, now is the time to switch to these reusable disinfecting wipes! Not only will they save you money, but they aren't full of unnecessary chemicals and are much more eco-friendly. Plus, you probably already have all the ingredients at home!
easy reusable disinfecting wipes, cleaning tips, go green
Things you need for these reusable disinfecting wipes : 2 Old T-Shirts (I used two women's medium shirts), Water, White Vinegar, Dish Soap, and an airtight container. Essential oils are option.
Cut the shirts to the size you'd like, combine the ingredients, and soak the wipes - that's it! Seal the container and then use them whenever you're ready.
Once used, toss in the washer and wash then dry as usual and repeat the process. Super easy! For the exact ingredient amounts and more detailed instructions, visit the link below!

Ashley Griffith

• Terry Lane

Doesn't the dish soap leave a film?

• Sarah Shafni

This is great! I tried making this but every tipe i wiped a surface it leaves a soapy film. Is there anyway I can avoid this?

• Pat whitmus

The best glass cleaner I've ever used uses only water and a product called Zap Cloth. It's streak free and spot free and my fav place to use it is on my hard to do car windows on the inside! An amazing product. It even removes bugs , tar, grease etc.
  • Laurie

Is there any expiration date? Do you occasionally have to wash the whole container and use a fresh batch from time to time?

• Sandra McCall Wells

I suggest if you are making any solution that calls for water, and it is to be kept for a while, use distilled or other bottled water. Tap water will start to get slimy after 4 or 5 days, then will stagnate.

• Michelle

I love this idea! I've been using pine-sol for years, it is my everything cleaner! It doesn't streak mirrors or other surfaces!!

As recommended above, distilled water for storing wipes is best!!

• Donna Lee Scott Thomas

Thanks for the Pine Sol tip. I want to start car-camping, but I didn’t want to use scented cleaning products since apparently bears think everything smells like food. For some strange reason, they dislike the scent of pine. They live in the forest, so I thought pine would be a food source for them. Apparently, not. I guess I’ll be making myself some jewelry out of pine air fresheners! 😆