KMS Woodworks
KMS Woodworks
  • Nederland, CO

Proper Paint Protocol

In the last couple of weeks I have run into two grossly conflicting situations regarding paint. More specifically, labeling and paint storage.
In one home we are winding down the bulk of the painting efforts and have begun to store things and organize. In this case the homeowner and I have been working closely throughout the project and I have a pretty good handle of what paint was used where. I did a
labeled paint  35+ gallons worth
labeled paint 35+ gallons worth
Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.   Pick a color and give it a go
Eeny, meeny, miny, moe. Pick a color and give it a go
room , Date, Color recipe 
How handy is that
room , Date, Color recipe How handy is that
KMS Woodworks

• Merry D

This would be a fabulous idea for stains, as well. There's nothing so frustrating as thinking I used Cherry when I actually used Rosewood. Thanks for the tip!

• Patti Mullett

Hi All...going to share a secret that my sweet sister and I use. We purchase lots of homes and keep a notebook with room sizes, window measurements, paint colors, etc. When you have paint mixed, ask to have an extra label printed to go in your 'book', when you get to your next house, you know the colors you used and like. We carry them with us so we can take advantage of sales on curtains, blinds, etc. You can refer to them when buying bedding, pillows, décor items. Don't forget the 'oops' paint section. Happy decorating.....