Anna M
Anna M
  • Cottonwood, CA

How to Remove Urine Smell From Carpet

I had an incident where my cat urinated all over my rug while we were out of town. Here is the solution that worked to get the urine smell out. This was a small rug so I was able to remove it from the room and take it outside where I flipped it over and sprinkled it with baking soda. Then using vinegar I saturated the piece of carpet and let it sit for an hour. Find out my results below.
how to remove urine smell from carpet, cleaning tips, flooring
Sprinkle the rug (or carpet) with baking soda.
Spray the rug (carpet) with white vinegar and then let it sit for about 5-10 minutes while it works to eliminate the smell.
Anna M

• Joseph

Would this work with human urine, as well? I'm a caregiver and need something for my patient's bedroom carpet.

• Deanna Nassar

I believe it would. Basically all urine is the same. Differences are only in odor because it's used as a marker to say "This is mine".

• Ayanna Edwards

How to cleam urine smell from wall to wall carpet

• Andre Beluchi

With me now having two dogs, it sure has been a work load. I say that because of how my wife is helping me out in training them since they're still puppies. The thing that she feels bad about is the new carpet that's now been stained by them and that would need to be deep cleaned. http://arapahoecarpetcare.com/

• Patrice Paige

My friend's dog hiked this leg on my white couch (several times) while she used my beach condo for a month, even all appropriate cleaning solutions did not totally take care of the smell or the stain. Then someone suggested using a hydrogen peroxide dilute and it worked beautifully, I sprayed and blotted (a lot) and the rings on the fabric and the smell disappeared literally overnight. Test, before using on a colored fabric.