How to Make a Giant Peg Board for Craft Organization

$45
4-6 Hours

This project had been on my to do list for along time. I am so excited to get this baby checked off! It was soooooo easy to put together. I’m not sure what took us so long to make this giant peg board! It’s definitely an afternoon project, & it doesn’t take long to get up at all. It it awesome for organizing all of my craft supplies, & it would make a great addition to any workspace. So keep reading, & I’ll show you how to make a giant peg board.
I don't have a separate craft room, but this wall in our master bedroom does the trick. :)
Supplies:
trim
1x2 boards
peg board
nail gun & nails
wood glue
paint
paint brush
caulk & caulking gun
table saw
miter saw
First you'll make a frame with your 1x2 for the back of your pegboard. Your peg board will need to sit away from the wall for your hooks to fit in. This frame will help it do that.
You'll also need to make a frame with some wood trim for the front of your peg board.
I stacked my 2 frames & peg board like this. I used some wood glue to hold everything together.
We also used a nail gun to help hold everything together as well.
After I painted all the trim. We let it dry. Then we hung this big boy on the wall! You'll need heavy duty screws, a stud finder & anchors to hang this up. It will get pretty heavy when it's fully loaded with craft supplies.
I love having easy access to all of my craft supplies. It's almost like having my own craft store. :)
I used jars & buckets to help organize everything. You can find the pegs & hooks at any home improvement store. I found mine at Home Depot.
So nice & organized!
I found these little buckets at Target in the Dollar Spot. I love the polka dots!
The wire baskets are from Home Depot. You can find more details over on my blog!

Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Ginger Bowie

• Linda Abate
    Linda Abate

Awesome storage for any and all kinds of craft items. The nice thing about this is that you can arrange the different compartments to suit your needs and it is a great way of being able to see what you have and what needs to be replaced. Love the storage you have below the peg board. Did you repurpose an old dresser for this added storage? It is a great place for crafting and/or laying out material. Just love it.

• Amber
    Amber

What was the caulk used for in this project?

• Donna
    Donna

I love your pegboard and I',m in the process of building one for myself. May I ask where did you screw through to attach the pegboard to the studs? Did you go through the frame and then patch the frame holes? I'm new to wood working and building things and I tend to need every bit of info before I start. Must be my A personality - LOL.

Thanks for your help!

Donna

• Maggie
      Maggie

Hi Donna to answer your question all you need to do is place your screw before you stack you layers.