Amy
Amy
  • Longview, TX

Kitchen Update

I had a large, but very country kitchen in a house that is much more eclectic cottage. My husband and I talked about the update for a very long time and finally got it done!
Before-The right side of the kitchen with sink, dishwasher, and upper cabs
Before-The left side with stove top and fridge (notice the formica that is wrapped up the wall) looking toward the breakfast nook
Before-A view from the tiny breakfast nook
Pantry
Pantry
Before-Looking toward the oven with the doorway into the dining room
After-Looking from our newly usable dining room into kitchen
After-Our awesome dining room; decor is still a work in progress
After-looking into kitchen; the cabs on the right of the fridge were relocated from the wall we took down and are now above a small desk
After-night view toward breakfast nook
After-night view toward breakfast nook
Amy

• Mary

Need someone to tell me if I can paint my "laminate" cabinets? If so, what kind of paint?

• Ethel Korman

@Mary , yes you can. Just be sure to paint them with a good coat of primer. We use Kilz2.

• Terra Gazelle

I am so glad you got rid of those boarders..and I love the Pentacle in the window..what a great idea. I love the eclectic look of your kitchen, clean, comfy and less purely a "kitchen" and more a great living space that is a kitchen.