DIY Industrial Pipe Sofa Table

I have loved all of the industrial pipe furniture that I have seen all over the internet, and knew that I had to make one for our home. I finally got a chance to do this, and came up with a design that would accommodate our "live edge" table top.
diy industrial pipe sofa table, diy, how to, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, rustic furniture
Nothing I saw online was "perfect" for me, so I quickly came up with a crude drawing of what I was wanting, and then added in some pipe dimensions that I thought would work. I took this drawing to Lowe's and started piecing it together in their galvanized pipe aisle. I am sure I looked the site talking to myself and laying it out like a puzzle.
As these black pipes are filthy, I recommend washing them before starting the assembly process.
Like I said....they were filthy! Wear grubby clothes, OR pajama bottoms like I did! LOL!
The pipes were pretty easy to work with, just don't tighten them all the way until you are sure everything is level and how you want it. I didn't listen to my own advice and had the dickens of a time trying to undo the 4" pieces on the side. Tip: Since they don't fully screw in all the way and you will see some "threads" on the pipe, you may need to alter your measurements a tad to fit your tabletop.
Here is my finished DIY Industrial Pipe Sofa Table. It is currently being used in the basement, but I hope to make room for it in our family room soon.

Shaunna @ Tempting Thyme

• Melinda

How stable is this? Would it be too tippy to use as an eating ledge? Do you wish you'd made the long cross bar at a diff level than the short braces? Thx!

• Robyn Garner

If you construct your own to be wider and/or have more weight at the bottom, it will add stability.

• Marty Phelps

How much did the pipe/parts cost? Love this.

• Shaunna @ Tempting Thyme

The entire project was about $90. Remember, I got the wood for free, so this price included all pipes, screws, etc. You might be able to get them cheaper if you shopped around.

• Joanie

You created a beautiful piece of furniture........However, A BOTTOM shelve looks like it would add MORE beauty.
    • Shaunna @ Tempting Thyme

Thank you! I debated on a bottom shelf, but I ultimately decided that I wanted to be able to put 2 large/tall baskets underneath.

• Annette Honaker

Is very awesome great job.