Thrifty and Chic
Thrifty and Chic
  • Salt Lake City, UT

How To Clean Years of Grease Off Appliances

I have a huge grease problem in my kitchen, plus I have black appliances so it shows EVERYTHING. It's just horrible and disgusting. We clean the appliances with the grease cutting dish soap which only does so much. So after years and years of the grease gunk piling on, I decided to try something new: baking soda.
how to clean years of grease off appliances, appliances, cleaning tips, how to
I didn't realize how well this stuff works at cutting grease. I just placed some on to a wet rag and went to town rubbing the grease away.
The top picture was our worst spot of grease. No matter what we did, the grease would not come off. But, just a few minutes later with some baking soda, it magically disappeared!
You can see the before and after again here on the left and right.
It worked so well, I tried it on my microwave too! Success :)
Thrifty and Chic

• Ulysses

What about mild dew on top of sealin it's growing on sealin on the shower it's painted

what can I use to kill the mold ?

• Char

mix 4 cups hot water to 2 cups bleach. Add 1/4 cup tsp. Wear old clothes as they will get bleach stained. Wear rubber gloves with cuffs and wear goggles. Make sure you rinse well if you are going to repaint

• Lisa Marie Stewart

Will this work for the inside bottom of an oven?

• J E Cole

Hello all, Baking Soda is the bomb! If I had the room, I would buy it by the truck load. I use it for everything. ..including whiten my white clothes, brightening colored clothes. Washing plastic dishes. ..it gets the the yucky smells out (you may have to let it set a while ). I have burned pork chops in my good stainless pan....I sprinkled baking soda in the bottom and added water....then let it simmer on the stove while I did the dishes.... my stainless steel pan looks like new.

Use baking soda dry to freshen your carpets before you vacuum. It's uses are endless.

• Kit34442022

Does it work on refrigerators with the no hand print surfaces? Thank You

• Sharon Peters Lueking

will The baking soda clean without removing the white numbers on the appliance? I tried a degreaser once and the numbers started coming off as well.. Thanks

• Happy Days Hometalker

I have a vintage 1950's stove that needs a good cleaning, I shall try it.

• Amapola

Some wonderful ranges were made back then.

I hope it works for you!