Creative a Massively Beautiful Ceiling With Paint, Plaster & Stencils

My very large master bedroom ceiling just seemed plain to me. Being an artist by nature, I simply saw a new "canvas" in order to add art. And how cool might it be, to wake up each morning to an awesome design looking down at me?
I first taped off two rectangles on to the center of the ceiling.
I painted the section between the two taped frames with light brown paint first and then when that was dry, I mixed dark brown paint with translucent wall glaze and blotted it over the brown paint, blending it to create a soft finish.
To find the very center of the inner frame, I attached the ends of string to each of the inner corners with thumb tacks. Where they cross would be exact center. I then used my Raised Plaster Floral Medallion stencil with tinted joint compound to create a larger medallion by repeating it in each of the 4 sections you see. Tinting joint compound is easy! Simply add any darkly colored water based paint.
I used the same design in each of the 4 corners, pointing them toward the center of the frame. Now, you can stop here and enjoy a very simple, easy to do ceiling design, or................
Give it complete knock out beauty by adding plaster pieces cast from one of our plaster molds. Simply use plaster of paris with the mold to create beautiful plaster pieces, paint them gold (or whatever color you want) and attach them using joint compound as the adhesive. Yes, it takes time to cast all those pieces, but the look is incredibly beautiful and so well worth the time and effort. Also, plaster of paris is super cheap! Each piece winds up costing only a few cents to cast.
Now, simply enjoy your beautiful ceiling! Yours doesn't have to be this large, you could do this same treatment just around your light fixtures in a square, rectangle or circular design. It's fun, it's easy and it's drop dead beautiful!

30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen

To see more: http://victorialarsen.com/decorating-gallery/cast-plaster-and-plaster-stencils-create-a-magnificent-ceiling-design/